Human society is currently entering a period of significant transformations focused on electronics such as the IoT (Internet of Things) revolution, wearable information devices, self-driving and electric cars, and smart grid.
At Kyoto University, we have our original scientific concepts and key technologies that should be called "Originated in Our University". This WISE program promotes combined and vertically integrated education focused on the field of photonic and electronic devices, extending from deepening the understanding of fundamental physics and theory to the management and application of systems and information. Also, we collaborate with private enterprises representing Japan around the world, national and public research institutes with the highest level of research capabilities, and top-class and leading overseas universities. Moreover we systematically implement education and quality assurance of a global standard and raise world-class professionals of knowledge who create "Advanced Photonic and Electronic Devices" through an integrated 5-year doctoral degree program.
- 2023-11-13NewsRecruitmentSelection of students for the 2024 academic year (April and additional applications) is now available.
- 2023-11-01NewsRecruitmentUpdated [Selection of Students for October Admission and Announcement of Acceptance of Additional Fall Applications for October Admission, 2023], updated 11/1/2023
- 2023-10-02Newsactivity report
- 2023-09-29Newsactivity report
- 2023-08-31Newsactivity report
- 2023-08-21NewsInformationThe second phase of the 2023 Research Grant application guidelines have been added.
- 2023-07-25NewsRecruitmentSelection of Students for the Class of 2023 (October Admission and Additional Fall Application)" is now available.
- 2023-06-26Newsactivity report
- 2023-06-22Newsactivity report
- 2023-05-30Newsactivity report